Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Very Faery Interview with The Book Cellar

Welcome back to A Very Faery Interview. Today we have the lovely Erica of The Book Cellar joining us for another session in hysterics … I mean … hilarity. (Erica, please remember the panic button by your left foot.) Take it away, you three.


Meghan: Hi Erica! Tell us a little about yourself and your blog. When did you first get into blogging, and why? Who has been your inspiration in the world of book blogging?

I first got into blogging earlier this year. I had been different book sites for about a year, and I had been reading blogs like The Page Flipper and The Story Siren (primarily those two) for pretty much that whole time. I had always loved reading since I was little, and once I discovered they community of blogging I loved it. It took me a while to finally get the courage to start my own blog, I didn't think anyone would want to hear what I have to say (I still have trouble believing it) Now I'm so happy I finally created my own because I've "met" so many great people! My biggest inspirations in the blogging world has been Chelsea of The Page Flipper, Kristi of The Story Siren, Lenore of Presenting Lenore, and Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. They all have such amazing blogs!


Puck: I want to ask the zombie question this time! Erica, the Zombie Apocalypse has come! The undead are swarming your house and crawling in through the windows. You can only take three things with you when you make your escape. What are they?

I'd say I grab my laptop (I love my computer), my cell phone and charger, and my weighless cabinet full of all my books :) Well that's considering if all my petties have already crawled out the window on their own, otherwise I'd take them :)

Ash: Continuing the zombie theme: You are surrounded by zombies. Lying within reach is a weapon of your choice. What do you use to defend yourself?

I have no training or expertise in fighting zombies, so I have absolutely no idea - can I use a blow torch?

Meghan: You boys can be so morbid. So, Erica, who has been your favorite author this year, and which books are you really looking forward to coming out?

My favorite new author I've discovered this year would probably be a tie between Richelle Mead, Kate Brian, and Becca Fitzpatrick. They're all such different genres and all have such a unique writing style that has just sucked me in. As for upcoming books, you know, besides The Iron King, I'm really looking forward to The Naughty List by Suzanne Young, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti, Betrayals by Lili St. Crow - the list goes on and on.


Puck: You’re driving along and discover a zombie in the backseat—
Author: Enough with the zombies, Puck.
Puck: You’re driving along and discover a zombiecorn in the backseat—
Author: Puck!
Puck: Geez, I can’t have any fun. All right then, Erica. If you had to choose between a killer unicorn that tried to eat everyone, and a fire-breathing dragon with allergies, which would you choose for a pet, and what would you feed it?

Well the fire-breathing dragon of course! I'd just feed her claritin-d!

Ash: What type of books do you like to read? Fantasy, contemporary, futuristic, ect?

I love to read just about anything! Fantasy and historical fiction are probably my two favorite genres of books, but some of my favorite books are comtemporary and other genres. I hate classroom history, but I find historical fiction just fascinating. You learn more what it was like to live in that time rather than having facts drilled into your brain all day.


Meghan: I hear you’ve been in a musical! So cool! What are your favorites, and if you could be any character in any musical or play, who would it be?

I love pretty much all musicals but my favorites would definately be Wicked, Les Miserables, and The Secret Garden. My dream role would be Elphaba in Wicked, but since we know that'll never happen my other dream role is Eponine or Fantine from Les Mis. The music is absolutely amazing!

Puck: Ooh, Erica, can I glamour your voice so you have to sing everything, like in a musical?
Author: *Sighs* You’re on a roll today, aren’t you? No, you cannot!
Puck: Darn. Well then, who are some of your favorite musical artists?

I really enjoy punk and hard rock. My favorite band ever would probably be Rise Against, and they're followed in my line of favorites by bands like Atreyu, Escape The Fate and Senses Fail. On the complete flip side, I absolutely LOVE show tunes. Generally whatever I'm doing, I'm humming show tunes :) *Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...*

Ash: If you could learn any skill, regardless of time or money, what would it be?

I would absolutely LOVE to learn to learn to play the drums and the guitar. I've always been very musical - singing,dancing, flute, saxophone, and piano - but I've always wanted to learn both of those.


Author: Thanks, Erica! Before you go, is there anything you would like to ask Meghan, Ash, or the idiot over there?

Puck: I resent that.

Yep, if you were a crayon, what color would you be? And if you had to spend the rest of your life listening to one song on repeat, what would it be?

Meghan: I’d be turquoise, I think. Cool, calm, relaxing. And if I had to listen to one song forever, I’d choose something by Within Temptation. I love every one of their songs.

Puck: Fiery red all the way, baby. And not only would I listen to this song, I’d sing it for everyone to hear, all the time. Altogether now … This is the song that never ends; it just goes on and on, my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And now we’ll keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends; it just goes on and on my–Ooomph! *Both Ash and Author bury his face under pillows and sit on him.*

Ash: Black, I believe. And I would love to listen to the song of silence forever, especially with him around.

Puck: *Muffled* That’s not an answer, ice-boy.

Ash: Whatever. I’m not changing it.


Want to know more about Meghan and the boys from The Iron King? Visit my website at www.juliekagawa.com

6 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    That was a hilarious & entertaining & informative interview!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Has Erica read the Lymond books by Lady Dorothy Dunnett? (fantastic historical fiction)
    I love musicals too! Andrew Lloyd Weber is genius. I got to see Phantom on opening night back in '89 in Toronto. & Les Miserables. & a few others in Toronto. (I'm from/in Canada).
    :)
    This was one of the best interviews I've read in a while.
    Thank you again,
    All the best,
    @RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, what a great interview, Erica is awesome. I wish I was teaching her history class though, since history is way more exciting than just facts (down with bad teachers!)

    I love these interviews, Julie! Keep them coming :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i to love musicals and loved the interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be Team Ash but Puck is such a legend in these interviews! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These interviews make my day heh, they're just so great :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. since when was ahs obsessed with zombies???????

    ReplyDelete